Now, released version 22.214.171.124 is the 6th alpha version of tool.
Whats new in this release:
- Update T4 templates to generate also POCO classes
- Update T4 templates to decorate classes with DataContract and DataMember attributes
- Introduce simple "external type" definition for scalar properties
- Introduce DataContract and DataMember settings in Designer
- Redesign Add Association dialog to be simpler
- New version check on opening designer
- Unable to add boolean as type for scalar property
- Create "ToSelf" association creates duplicate properties
- Allow define Key settings on navigation property
- Allow to set access modifier on get/set of property
- Allow source of association to be Structure
Take a look at important features included in this release
Feature Redesign Add Association dialog to be simpler is the interested one (at least from better visual usage). Dialog contains also preview of what you get when you create such association.
Supports 2 modes of creating associations:
- Simple Association:
- Advanced Association
Next important feature is Generate POCO/DTO classes from entity model.
- Means T4 template will generate DTO classes as an mirror to generated classes for "real" entity classes.
- An bonus T4 template is capable of generating "mapping builder" which is responsible for mapping "real" entity classes with DTO classes and is required by DO to be able to transform data from/to real entity and DTO.
DataObjects.Net Entity Model Designer received a long way (at least from my side) and i want to close down "alpha" stage. Before closing alpha stage tool needs to pass as many tests as it can get.
And there is my appeal to developers which uses DataObjects.Net to develop applications to help testing basic functionality of Designer and also of T4 template if generate valid classes.
Just download latest version 126.96.36.199 from codeplex.com and take some time to test it:
DataObjects.Net Entity Model Designer v188.8.131.52
If you found some bugs or have an idea, just create new issue in codeplex site